Wednesday, September 5, 2012
Finally have found time to add to my blog. It has been a hectic couple of weeks here, having some work done on the house, picking out paint colors, doing some redecorating too.
This is a picture of a Storm at Sea wallhanging that I am making for a wall in John's den. I chose the navy blue because the drapes in that room are navy. The light background is actually a pretty beige and matches the fabric on the sofa that it will hang over. The design was done in EQ7, which I am slowly learning how to use. I am part of an online group currently doing the lessons that are provided in the software and I am learning a lot about the program. This piece is almost done and I hope to finish it by week's end. It is lightly quilted so it goes pretty quickly. I am quilting it with Sulky Blendable in reds and it is actually quite pretty. I still need some more practice on my HandiQuilter, the stitches aren't as perfect as I would like. I have found that I need to start out each quilting day with a practice piece. That helps me establish the rhythm that I need to keep the stitches even, or as close to even as I can manage.
I have only completed 3 blocks in Esther's current BOM. I am so far behind, but I hope to catch up over the winter. The photos of the blocks on Esther's page are just beautiful. So many creative people in the group.
I hope you all have a creative and productive week!