Tuesday, August 7, 2012


Tuesday, August 7

I just finished a T-shirt quilt for my son-in-law.  He works in the film industry and these shirts represent some of the projects he has worked on over the years.  It was the first time I worked with T-shirts and it was a bit challenging.  But, at last it is finished and will go into the mail tomorrow.

Houseguests have returned home and I am almost ready to play catch up on some of my projects.  But I am hosting a surprise birthday dinner party for a good friend this week, so cooking will take precedence over sewing for a few days.  I have an embroidery project that I am anxious to start next week.  It is a picture of a blue heron for John's den.  We have herons in our backyard so I think he will enjoy this.

I hope everyone has a good week!  The pictures of Esther's newest BOM are just gorgeous.  I am jealous that I haven't been able to keep up with it. 

2 comments:

  1. What a fantastic memento! It's the sort of Quilt my DS would love....once he has his own collection of Tee Shirts! ;-) Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. My son use to do Mountain biking and won endless T Shirts that he loved, I wished I'd made him a quilt from them way back then. Looks fabulous. Cheers Glenda

    ReplyDelete