Wednesday, July 10, 2013

I am ready to assemble my wallhanging and put the borders on today.  Being a Jinny Beyer design, the borders are cut from a striped pattern and need to be mitered so it might take me a while.

I am still undecided about tackling Esther's newest BOM.  It sure looks intimidating.  I
 don't have enough fabric at this house, it is all in Florida, except for a stack of fat quarters that are here with me.  I have never been happy with the local quilt shops, they are very different from the shops in Florida.  The fabrics reflect the weather I think, they are darker and much more subdued than the ones I am used to using.  So I will most likely not be starting it until at least September, unless I find a focal fabric that really speaks to me.

Meanwhile, I have lots of UFO's with me.  My quilting machine, the HQSweet 16 is in the other house so I will go back with lots of quilting to do.  I plan to finish the tops and put the batting and backing on them, then I will be ready to quilt.  I want to put this Jinny Beyer quilt into a show in October so that will be my first quilting project.

I am going to link to Esther's blog and then get to those borders.  I hope you all have a great week

3 comments:

  1. Love those blocks very nice.
    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilt!! Esthers won't be so bad so long as you do it piece by piece don't look at it as a whole just concentrate on each months!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your blocks, Ginny Beyer's soft edge applique technique is what made me look at my inspiration fabric for LE and figure out how I could use it.
    Cheer's jenny

    ReplyDelete