Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Wednesday again

As a quilter, I am used to getting a piece of fabric and cutting it into little pieces to sew back together again.  I bought this fabric to make placemats and napkins for my dil for Christmas.  I was so taken by this beautiful fabric that I was quite unable to cut it up.  So I made up some yards of a mini piping in a lavendar color to match her dining room walls, and then fussy cut a coordinating stripe for each side and for the napkins.  I am very happy with the results and I know that she will love them.  It took a couple of days to make up 8 sets, but the work was worth it.  One Christmas gift done! 
All other projects are currently on hold.  I am up to date with Peaceful Pathways, waiting for installment #4.  I have most of Hearts Desire quilted, just have to decide how to quilt the borders.  With a bit of cooler weather, we have been doing some long needed gardening, but I will get back to the sewing machine in a few days. 

3 comments:

  1. pretty! How fun to have lavender walls. This may need to happen somewhere in my house. . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW that is gorgeous fabric...can I ask the mfg. of it. I recently pulled some florals out in that colorway and have them sitting here for a project to appear. This fabric would work in well with them. Great project! Very elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes WOW is right, what beautiful fabric. You have put it to good use. I feel exactly the same about my current table runner WIP, I want to see it all the time because the fabric is stunning but don't have the heart to cut into it. Beautiful work Pat!

    ReplyDelete