Wednesday, January 23, 2013

It's a chilly Wednesday morning here in Florida.  I know, I know, my friends in upstate New York are laughing at me right now.  But when you are used to 80 degrees, 58 can feel downright chilly.

Returned from Atlanta late Monday.  Had a great trip and the weather there was quite nice.  We worked most of Saturday setting up our booth at the antique/craft mall and I am posting some pictures of it. 

My goal for the rest of January is to work on charity quilts.  I am sure I have shared with you all that our local guild makes quilts for the local sheriff's department to give to children who are in distress.  We have the sheriff visit annually, have a pot luck lunch with him, and present him with around 100 quilts.  I have made only two so far, so I need to really concentrate on making a few more.  Since it seems I am between projects, now seems like a great time.  And the sheriff is scheduled to visit with us on March 18, and we all know how quickly that date will come around!

I am currently quilting a charity quilt on my Sweet 16 machine.  I love doing them, because they give me a great opportunity to practice my quilting skills.  Here is a picture, but I am not sure how visible the quilting will be in it.

 
 
 
 
>
 
I hope you all have a wonderful, productive week.  I am enjoying reading the blogs and seeing the wonderful results of the blocks from Esther's BOM.  I will complete mine someday soon, although I am running sadly behind everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment