Wednesday, October 10, 2012

It's been a quiet couple of weeks around here.  I've made two charity quilts for the volunteer ambulance squad, done some hand applique and a couple of machine embroideries to frame.  No big projects at the moment although I continue to plug along with Esther's BOM.  I have finished just four blocks but I have prepped for another two so that I can take them with me to New York next week. 

We are heading to New York to  celebrate my mother's 101st birthday.  She is in good health, takes no meds, but her memory is totally gone.  She has been in a nursing home for 3 years now.  She still knows who I am, but with each trip I have to wonder if she will recognize me or not. 

The weather is still very warm here, we are waiting for a break so that we can do some outdoor work. It has been an unusually warm summer and there doesn't seem to be any relief in the near future.  Gardening is done early in the day, and for short periods.  With an almost daily afternoon rain, everything is growing strong!

I hope you all have a wonderful week.  I do enjoy reading all of the blogs on Esther's WOW linky page.

No comments:

Post a Comment