Sunday, September 25, 2011

Sunday, Sept 25th

Just finished getting 3 quilts ready for my guild's annual show at the local college.  Sadly, this is the last year that we will have the show, our numbers have dwindled and it is just too much work for those of us who are left.  We won't be making a raffle quilt for 2012 either, same reason. 
The quilt above is called "Sew Many Blocks".  It was a block of the month for our guild, but I was having sew much fun with it, that I just kept on going until it was finished.  It is heavily quilted, but hard to see the quilting in the picture.
I finished the center of Peaceful Pathways yesterday.  It is coming together nicely, but I confess to doing a bit of un-sewing to get the triangles lined up with the HSTs.  I wasn't paying enough attention to that detail when I was adding the HST borders and a few of them weren't lined up like they should have been. 
Next project is sandwiching my Hearts Desire, basting it, deciding on how to quilt it, which is always the hardest part for me. 

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on completing Your Peaceful Pathways; you beat me???? it looks so Fresh & clean Pat, it is going to be a lovely quilt by the time we finish it. Love the Sew Many Blocks, wonderful wonderful colours you have used, it looks pretty big!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a gorgeous quilt! So fresh and wonderful colors too! Our guild had to resort to every other year to be able to do a quilt show. You are right - it is a lot of work.

    ReplyDelete