I finally am satisfied with the center compass for my LE. It took several tries as I was trying to make this a true reproduction. Then it occured to me that I was trying to use fabrics that really were not to my liking. It is much more fun now that I have decided to use my batiks, mostly in jewel tones. I have the compass ring almost completed and today I will finish tracing the center design. I am trying to get some prep done so that I can do the applique while we travel from here to Florida. We plan to leave here week after next and make the travel into a couple of mini-vacations, stopping in Las Vegas, San Antonio and New Orleans for a couple of days each.
I am anxious to get home to Florida and my quilting machine. I have been quilting here on my regular machine but it is ever so much easier on my HQ sweet 16. I have several charity quilts that need quilting so they will be my practice pieces to get me back into the swing of using that machine.
Today, I am remembering my husband Mike,, on what would have been our 48th wedding anniversary. We were blessed to have 34 wonderful years together and I still miss him everyday.
Until next week, happy quilting
Pat your compass is beautiful. So nice to get all the prep work ready for your travel. Must be sad to lose a loving hubby.i am sure you have lots of wonderful memories with him.
ReplyDeleteBunny